Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 16- Creating means willing to fail

So, I was really excited about this project. I dyed this really cool skirt I own, because the skirt was white and stained. It looked really cool when I was dying it and I even added a shirt to the dye bath, but when I got it out of the dryer it still had the stains. I should have looked more seriously at the stains before dying the skirt and the stains will never come out. But the shirt looks amazing. And Mom is excited to embroider the sleeve.
This was a reminder that as great as some of our ideas are they aren't all going to pan out. Even though it doesn't always work out you always learn something from a failed project. I learned what to check for when I dye things and Mom is going to make pattern from the skirt so it can be used again. Rock on Mom.
If you have something to dye and have fully checked it over here is a link with multiple ways to dye it. http://www.ritdye.com/dyeing-techniques
Better luck to you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment