Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 10- In the same vain All the Worlds a Stage!!!

I have yet again been bit by the bug of sentimentality. This time though it is in relation to a group very different than the last group, it is the amazing Nashville Shakespeare Apprentice Company from 2010. This was a group of crazy talented high school and college age theatre kids. And we were led by two of the most talented women I have ever met. Amazing recipe no? Not only did we get two weeks of intense hands on theatre and Shakespearean acting, we got to work on a professional show with professional actors. How did I get so lucky?!?! So of course eventually I would feel the call of inspiration from my memories. There are so many things I could have done with this inspiration, but I wanted some thing for my dorm room, so I decorated a picture frame. Now of course, decorating a picture frame, to me, means making it quote picture frame. I could have used Shakespeare quote but I was drawn to one of my favorite story people quotes, "You're the strangest person I ever met, she said & I said you too & we decided we'd know each other a long time." This really describes my friends. We were pushed together by our casting but we became friends. Strange friends but great friends. 
 The materials needed are a cheap wooden frame (they are around 75 cents at Michaels), paint ( I chose a glittery green, Yay glitter), a two different colored sharpies, sequins, and a pencil. 
Start by painting your entire frame, and then let it dry, that might take awhile. When it is dried write out the quote you want around the frame in pencil. Make sure every thing looks good then go over it with sharpie. I wrote ApCo in a different color for dramatic affect. Then at the beginning and end of the quote I glued sequins. Now I will go put the picture in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment