Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 9- The post that sentimentality took over

Sunday night was the annual youth banquet. It is a time to get together and celebrate the amazing year that we have just finished and get pumped for the year to come. We also dedicate a portion of the evening to the rising college freshmen. Each of these people have a speaker who shares wise words and stories. This has always been difficult to sit through but this year was really hard because it was my year. I was the one who would not be back for the year. I was the one moving away for however long or short. I was now a young adult not youth. What a weird world. I was lucky enough to have the woman who baptized and confirmed me, honor this next big step with her words. Linda reminded me to remember my baptism and that there would always be a group of people who loved me and prayed for me. There is nothing more beautiful than that is there. Agape. Family. Home. In honor of this I finally got around to making a keepsake box. This keepsake box is meant to look like home. It ended up looking like a child's drawing of a home but that is because I did not measure well . oops. But it is still great. In the windows and door way there are pictures of my church family.
To make this I used a shoe box, 3 sheets of cardstock, brown paint and blue paint (or what ever you want), an exacto knife, scissors, 3 photos that touch my heart, a ruler, and a pencil. Oh and glue lots of glue, and paint brushes.
To start I measured and cut out the house on card stock. Then, I measured out the doors and windows and then cut them out(use the exacto it is easier). Next, I painted the body of the house blue and the door brown. As that dried I measured the roof out on a different sheet of card stock. On the next sheet I traced out shingles. I painted the other side of that sheet of paper brown. Then, as the sheet of shingles dried, I glued the photos to the back the house where I cut the windows and doors. When the paint for the shingles dried I cut the pattern out and the glued it on to the triangle of the roof. To finish it up I glued the entire house on to the shoe box. Voila

1 comment:

  1. love you. so thankful for you were able to receive love and celebrate a ministry you added so much to over the years. blessings on the journey, and as Linda reminded you... "We love you and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it!!!"

    ReplyDelete