Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 11- A hostess bakes

I love having people over. It is a joy to fill my (parents) house with laughter and joy, even though the dogs hate it. And tonight is my last blow out night with the girls before we leave for school. So tonight there will be dancing and laughing and lots of food. Most everything is frozen food but for dessert I made cookies. Baking is not only a joy for me but when it is for others it is a sincere sign of my love for those people. But you know what is better than just baking, experimental baking. If it works out we will all enjoy and if not we will have something else to laugh about.



These cookies are peanut butter graham crackers and chocolate cookies. To make them I used a recipe for peanut butter frosting similar to the one here http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/peanut-butter-frosting/detail.aspx. While I was mixing the frosting I also tempered the chocolate how to is here http://chocolatetempering.net/abouttempering1.html?gclid=CK6xp6zoyqoCFQQI2godqnAnzA
I then made graham cracker sandwich's with the peanut butter frosting and poured the recently tempered chocolate on top. Yummy! oh don't use organic peanut butter.

1 comment: