Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A London Weekend, or being a wizard with great travel difficulties

So, for my last weekend trip of the semester I returned to London. One of my friends from my writing class and I went to the Harry Potter Studio Tour, which words cannot describe how cool it is so pictures most.
Side note: Butterbeer is delicious.

After that lovely stop I was supposed to wait for my traveling companion (the girl I went to HPST with was going somewhere else, and other companion was not feeling HP) at one of the tube stops. I love the London Tube. It feels a little dangerous and super cool, like something James Dean would love, don't judge me. However, after 45 minutes of waiting I assumed my companion was at our next stop. He was not. At this point I was beyond annoyed and decided to head on the boyfriend's parents house. I know I should have waited more, but I didn't. Companion called me half through my ride and we eventually met up at the house. It all worked out fine and I had a relaxing day at boyfriend's house. 

And then it wasn't relaxing. After traveling back into London, I discovered I had booked my tickets for a completely different day and there were no more trains to Grantham. I panicked and for awhile we thought we would stay up all night in a McDonalds, then we thought better of it and called boyfriend's father who graciously let us stay another night at their house. The next morning he even drove us back to the manor.

So, when it comes down to it, it was still a great weekend.
Peace,
SK

No comments:

Post a Comment