Friday, May 24, 2013

a trip to Edinburgh

So my first weekend here I went to Edinburgh. I went with a very patient and good friend, Henry, and may I say we had a ball. We started our trip with a four hour train ride, which is always a good way to start a trip to me. Then we got lost in Edinburgh, but we found our hostel after awhile. We stayed in a 30 person mixed dorm, which scared me to be honest but it was fine. The guy next to me might have had the worst cough ever though. Our first night we were both full of energy so we explored the area around our hostel and ended up in the oldest pub in Edinburgh. We found this by listening for the quietest place. Neither of us like loud music and crazy drunk crowds. It was wonderful. There was a guitarist who was very talented and knew all of the locals in the place. He played music we could sing along to, so it did get loud but it was fun loud.
The next day we started the day by trying to go to the Castle, but it was raining and the wait for the castle was outside and took about an our so we found our way to the National Museum instead and it was worth it. We explored Scottish history, including the making of clothes and agriculture. It was awesome. We spent quite awhile in there. Then, we went down the street to one of the closes that had been covered up and went on a tour of it. Closes are another name for streets. I learned a lot and had a lot of fun. http://www.realmarykingsclose.com/ The next day we spent more time around our hostel and went into numerous cute little stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment