Tuesday, October 4, 2011

See Me

Last night was an event on campus called box city. It was yet another reminder that I close my eyes from the world to often. I don't see the people around me. I don't. I should but I don't. This is what what ran thru my mind this morning:
How can I walk past you everyday and not see you? Who are you? Why do I not recognize our similarities? Because as much as I want to say I acknowledge everyone's suffering, I don't. And even if I do see it, I don't do enough.
Let me see beauty in all the people I see face. Let me see their suffering and lend a comforting hand. Oh, I don't know if I have the strength to open my eyes. I don't want to become disillusioned from this beautiful world but I don't want to turn a blind eye on it either. I will open my eyes, don't let them stay closed. No don't let them stay closed.





No comments:

Post a Comment