Saturday, September 17, 2011

carry it with you

some of you might know this but I like to always carry things that remind me of certain parts of my life. I wear a necklace that reminds me of the unconditional love of my Mom and Grandma. I also wear a ring that says Faith*Family*Friends, because those things should always come first. Sadly, there are many things that are important to me that I don't have a piece of jewelry, or a shirt, and certainly not a tattoo to always remind me of how important they are. But what I do have is a phone case. So I decided to use a symbol of my addiction to material things, as a symbol of what is truly important.
Supplies:

  1. Phone case, ipod case, computer case, whatever it just needs to be hard plastic. Not rubber
  2. Paint pens. I used craft smart Fine Line Paint Pen. I wouldn't use puff paint.
  3. Sealer. I used Hard Coat Mod Podge 
  4. Paint brushes


  • The first step in the process is brainstorming. I knew the words I really wanted on my phone. While you are brainstorming you should also be cleaning your case if it isn't new. Mine wasn't . Yay for being spend thrift. 
  • Next, after your case is dry, start at the center and write what is really important to you. I wrote "REMEMBER" 
  • Around that word write little words that mean a lot to you. I wrote words like peace, broken, full, Burma, home, family, and other words                                                                                                            
I hope that you carry something with you at all times that reminds you who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment