Monday, August 22, 2011

Days 19 and 20- fostering future creative moments

if you want to be inspired you have create a space that lets you be inspired, which is what my room mate and I are still working on. It is hard. Being organized in a small space is difficult. Well for me being organized is difficult. But I have realized recently that to be creative you must let your environment reflect that. Not only does your space have to reflect you, it must be a place where you can be quiet and think. Wow that is difficult and in half a room. But imagine how difficult it would be to foster your creativity when you are homeless. I don't think that I, and many others, can fully process life without moments of creativity. It is an amazing coping mechanism. That is why I have mad respect for art therapist. And this amazing organization deals specifically with assisting with creative moments for the homeless- http://www.theartprojecthouston.org/. Check it out!
In my own environment this is what I have done:

 I put chalk board stickers on my desk drawers.

Full room. It is still in the messy stages


 out the door I go!


 Different materials for common objects
 1st drawer of craft supplies
 2nd drawer





No comments:

Post a Comment