Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 4 or Happy Birthday Daddy

My father is one of the most amazing men I know. He is kind and generous and he has an intense work ethic. My father has taught me how important it is to think for yourself and to take time to do creative things. Dad grew up working at his families candy store called McCords. He has tons of stories of creating and experimenting and the joys of making candy. McCords even made candy canes. Today, without really meaning to Mom and I scheduled a class at our local Viking store that covers chocolate recipes. How apt. Today, I was inspired by my father and the act of baking. So today's project was my projects in class.
We made: Banana chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing, double chocolate and caramel brownies, balsamic vinegar and chocolate truffles, and white chocolate bark with pretzels and almonds. Yummy!
Here are some Hipstomatic photos of our project:








There might be more baking projects on this blog soon. Those I will post the recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment