Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 13- Mixed Well

I have two very distinctive yet overlapping groups of friends. One is a group of girls from my high school. We are all different but we share the trait of a minor obsession with laughing. Friday night we literally laughed for 10 hours. For most people it would be off and on but with us it is nearly constant. And it rocks. But they are also the ones who know if something is going on with me. We can do anything and have fun. My other group is a bunch of people I met through church. They are my family. We can almost always pick up were we left off. Our conversations can be deep or frivolous but we can talk for hours. They are the ones who I have traveled with and grown with. Both of my groups fill a deep need for me, and both are so important to me that being far away from them for college is really frightening, because they both take up places in my heart that no one else can fill. That is my inspiration for today.
To make the effect on the body of the dress I dipped a foam brush in both purple and white, then painted lines. After that, I roughly trimmed the shape of a dress. Once I found the picture of a head I wanted to use I glued it to the dress and trimmed the dress to a better fit. I also made arms. At some point I will use this for a collage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment