Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 3- Child Like Joy

Today was one of those days that makes you want to smile till your face shatters you are having so much fun. A group of my friends and I took some amazing kids to Bounce U, one of those places with rooms filled with blow up games. This is an annual event for us and is a day I look forward to all year round. It is always fun and to get back to enjoying things childlike. Today, one of the best moments came when I was in one of the bouncy machines where you are supposed to throw balls at each other, but we didn't do that. Instead, I really reverted back to my childhood. The days when there was nothing better then making a chain and jumping and giggling until our legs gave out. I miss childish abandon, and simple glee. Isn't it a shame that I find I can't seem to enjoy those moments the same way without a child to hold my hand. In honor of these moments I made a, drum roll please, Jumping Jack. Those articulated paper dolls you make when you are a child. This project was very simple; I downloaded a template for the doll and directions on how to make it without using brads but string. I also found fabric from a dress my mother made me when I was little and cut it into a dress for my doll. I also colored all of the templates and attached yarn for hair.
Here is the finished project:
 And here is the back:
This is the template I used:
And here is the link to the directions: http://www.vam.ac.uk/moc/kids_pages/things_to_make/jumping_jack/index.html
This is of course the perfect project for those last summer days with kids that need to be filled there are tons of templates out there. It is also good for an aspiring young designer.


No comments:

Post a Comment